India has a large number of vegetable dishes, as India has a large number of verable eater people. Paneer jalfrezi is one of the best vegetable dishes, it is the vegan version of chicken jalfrezi.
It is made up with vegetables like tomatoes, capsicum, Indian spices and of course paneer.
This dish is very easy to cook. Most of the Indian family makes roti sabji regular basis for lunch, so if you make paneer jalfrezi will be little special.
Apart from its wonderful taste, this recipe is so nutritious and comforting as these is no cream, butter or milk is used in this recipe, so it will be lighter in your tummy.
Specialty of paneer jalfrezi
- Jalfrezi is a curry dish from India. During british period people learn about this dish, by frying paneers with vegetables, but without onions.
- This dish has enough protein, and lots of vitamins. It is a mixture of fried vegetables and paneer.
- Chicken jalfrezi is very popular dish. This paneer jalfrezi is the veg version of the chicken jalfrezi.
- Vegetable Paneer Jalfrezi is a dry mixed vegetable recipe but not with gravy-like Paneer Butter Masala.
- By adding paneers of good quality and good quantity you will increase the amount of protein in this dish.
- There are some similar names of jalfrezi like jhal frezi, zalfrezi, zalfraizi.
- This dish is very easy to make and very quick. One can make trhis recipe within 20-30 minutes.
- This dish will be perfect and very special for every vegetarian.
- It fits well as an Indian main course.
Vegetables to use
- Most of the people make paneer jalfrezi with the regular vegetables like onion, tomatoes, capsicum, peppers and carrots.
- Somepeolpe like to use, cauliflower florets or mushrooms. By adding this you will get great taste. But this is optional. Add if you want.
- To make best paneer jalfrezi, cut all the vegetables and Paneer lengthwise. You can cut the paneer into cubes. But most of people do not like it, as cubed paneer used for kadai paneer.
- A number of people overcook the vegggies, co not do that, otherwise it will get mushy. So, keep it in mind.
- Also keep it in mind, never fry the paneers separately to make Paneer Jalfrezi, otherwise paneer will lose tjhe soft texture.
- Rating: 4.25/5
- Preparing Time: 10 m
- Cooking Time: 30 m
- Total Time: 40 m
- Vegetable oil 1 tablespoons
- Paneer 250 grams, cut into lengthwise.
- 2 medium onions sliced.
- 1 Capsicum cubed or sliced(If you do not have capsicum you can add bell peppers)
- 1 Green chilies, slit
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- 2 Tomatoes. puree
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, sliced, deseeded(This is optional)
- Salt to taste or 2 teaspoon
- Water 1/2 cup
- Chopped fresh cilantro(coriander leaves) 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
- Crushed kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves) 1/2 teaspoon
- At first cut all the vegetables and paneer lengthwise. If you are using store bought paneer. then soak it in hot water for 15 minutes. But if you are using home made paneer, then it is okay. Then keep them aside along with puree tomatoes.
- Now in a pan add oil and let it heat. Then add saute cumin and let them crackle.
- Now add onions and chili. let them golden brown
- After this add ginger garlic paste. Fry all these for 2 minute. It will help to remove the raw smell. Now add the tomato puree ad chili powder, garam masala, salt, turmeric powder, let it cook for sometimes to remove the raw smell. And let it little thick.
- Add capsicum or bell pepper and fry. After this add paneer(cut into lengthwise) and kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves).
- Stir gently. Cook for 2 minutes. Let the paneer coat withy spices paste.
- Your paneer jalfrezi ts ready to serve. Garnish with cilantro(coriander leaves).
This dish can be served with basmati rice, jeera rice, butter naan, chapati(roti), some people use this dish to make rolls.
- Calories:449 cal
- Fat:19 g
- Cholesterol:50 mg
- Carbohydrate:25.3 g
- Fiber:5.1 g
- Sugar:2.5 g
- Protein:18.8 g