Mango lassi is very famous drink in India, this item is made with sweet mangoes, yogurt(dahi) and little cardamom.
For most of the people it is a must be item during summer, as magoes are easily available at that time.
Actually, there are many people who are obsessed with eating raw mangoes.
So, for them mango lassi will be great to enjoy. It’s one of the best ways to enjoy mangoes and thick, sweet and creamy too.
In India “Lassi” is a term used to refer any drink made with yogurt(dahi). Lassi comes in different kinds of flavors, some of the flavors are salty, sweet, mint, fruit etc. A mango lassi is a yogurt based mango drink, made with sweet mangoes blend in yogurt(dahi).
Traditionally lassi is made with “only yogurt”. But to make it little different add little milk into the lassi. It will help your lassi less thick. But if you are not favour of adding milk to your lassi, then you can use only yogurt(dahi).
You should use a fresh, ripe, sweet mango.
Check your mango well. If your mango is not ripe enough then add more sugar or honey. Otherwise it will be too tart and you will unable to enjoy your drink properly.
Here i will use mangoes, yogurt(dahi), milk, sugar and dash of cardamom. (If you want, you can also add a pinch of saffron or rose. It will help to increase the flavors), But this is optional.
So, enjoy this summer with delicious Mango lassi. Made it with fresh mangoes.
Speciality of mango lassi
Till the date i have not found anyone who do not like mangoes. I am sure you will also hardly find anyone who do not like mangoes. But sometimes people are obsessed with mangoes, that is why people try to find different ways to eat mangoes. And for them mango lassi is the best option according to me. Because it is the combination of sweet mangoes and cool yogurt(dahi).
You should add some cream. And if you want you can add 1 or 2 ice cubes to get extra cooling or rose water for flavor or saffron. If you do not like, you can skip all of these. The color of the lassi depends upon the quality of the mangoes.
All the time the quality of the mangoes will not be same. So, do not be tensed if you will not get proper color or if you do not ger same color all the time.
- Does not matter which type of mangoes you are using, but make sure that they have a smooth pulp and are not fibrous.
- Do not use sour yogurt(dahi), always use sweet yogurt(dahi).
How to make mango lassi
At first, peel 2 large sweet mangoes well, with the help of blender blender it well and make it smooth. And then in a large bowl, add that fresh mango pulp.
Now in that same bowl, add sweet plain whole milk yogurt(dahi).
Now add cold milk (if you are not using milk, add water), add the sugar and the cardamom powder.
Now with the help of blender blend it well, Let everything combined well.
Then take it out from blender and Pour it into glasses and keep it in fridge, after sometime take it out from fridge garnish with some dry fruits like nuts(badam), cashew nuts, pistachios, saffron. And serve chilled mango lassi.
- Ratings: 4/5
- Preparing Time: 5 m
- Making Time: 5 m
- Total Time: 10 m
- 1 cup(200 ml-250 ml) mango pulp, use sweet fresh 2-3 mangoes.
- Plain whole milk yogurt(dahi) 1 cup(250 ml)
- Chilled milk 2 cup, if you are not using milk then use 1 cup chilled water. It will help to thin out the lassi.
- White sugar 1/2 tablespoons or to taste.
- Ice 1 cup(optional)
- Cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- To garnish use dry fruits like nuts(badam), pistachios, saffron strands, cashew nuts.(But all of these are optional).
Process of making Mango Lassi
- Peel 2-3 mangoes and chop them.
- With the help of a blender or mixture, mix well mango puree, sugeer, yogurt(dahi), cream, chilled water/ chilled milk, ice cubes, cardamom powder and saffron.
- Blend well for some seconds. Let everything mix well, and let everything smooth.
- After this, take it out from the blender and pour into serving glasses and let it cool in fridge for sometimes.
- After sometimes, take it out from the fridge and garnish with some dry-fruits.
- In terms of best taste and flavors, to get best results always use pulp of fresh sweet mangoes. If you do not have fresh mangoes then you can use canned mango pulp. But try hard to use fresh mango pulp. After all, fresh is fresh.
- Always try to thin the sweet yogurt(dahi) by adding chilled milk or water. Try hard to use chilled milk. as it will thin the yogurt(dahi) and it will also give a good flavor. But if you do not have milk then use chilled water.
- Energy:360 cal
- Protein:9.2 g
- Carbohydrates:39.7 g
- Fiber:0.7 g
- Fat:13.4 g
- Cholesterol:32 mg